What are you like?
Conflict management is your superpower: you’re a loyal Golden Retriever.
Pleaser, Easygoing—as a team member, is pleasant to work with and understands the nuances of both the creative mind as well as the logical problem-solving mind. This makes for being key in the process, being able to commmunicate and understand all sides of the team and bring everyone together in a way that produces tangible results.
- Demonstrates patience and understanding
- Facilitates synthesizing ideas
- Identifies and outlines decision methods
- Structures and organizes processes
- Communicates clearly and reliably
- Inspires commitments to solutions
May get derailed by conflict; values cooperation over efficiency and expediency; distracted by criticism;
- Interpersonally focused
- Consensus builder
Your next Steps!
Learn to read your audience to determine when to flex responses and guidance. How do you balance the need for analyzing which tasks to do and facilitate innovative strategies to achieve those tasks? Plan to achieve both in your process with the group.
- Develop a range of facilitation strategies to be able to use the tactic most appropriate to a given audience
- LLearn the art of asking open-ended questions that foster a dialogue
- Regularly check-in with the group to verify understanding
- Summarize discussions to create a consensual understanding of both the process and structure of the creative process